Hands of Hope Tucson is a Christ-centered organization promoting a culture of life, hope, and healing. This is accomplished by caring for those facing an unplanned pregnancy, revealing the truth about the unborn person, teaching sexual integrity, and offering a path to healing from an abortion experience.
Hands of Hope Tucson envisions a culture where all human life is considered valuable, precious and worthy of protection from conception to natural death.
Since 1981, Hands of Hope Tucson, through love and faith, has advocated for the health and care of women and those with unexpected pregnancies. For nearly 35 years, our commitment has been to teach that every human life has value.
From 106 clients in 1981 to nearly 2,000 each year, we continue to offer hope and provide care to those facing pregnancy decisions, to those who are struggling with a past abortion experience, and to those on our school campuses who are struggling to make healthy life choices. We provide the support they’ll need to make informed decisions.
Our name, Hands of Hope Tucson, reflects our unconditional acceptance of those who come and the message of hope we provide. Our staff of 15 and dozens of volunteers are a part of the heart transforming work God is doing in our city.
We are Christ-centered and believe that through His work we will make a difference. With your help we have created a safe place where people in need receive support, information and guidance. They use the truths shared to make their personal, informed choice without coercion. Hands of Hope is a haven for those in need of help.
As we move forward, we will continue our mission to promote a culture of life and to care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who come to us.
The Christian Fundraising Covenant of Hands of Hope Tucson
Acknowledging the Lordship of Jesus Christ and our need for dependence on Him, we solemnly covenant with God to: Ask the Lord to make us sensitive to His leading in fundraising matters. Search the Scriptures diligently to discover Godly principles, patterns and practices that will allow Hands of Hope to experience God’s provisions. Bring before the Lord in prayer all fundraising decisions and funding needs. Honor Christ by developing edifying relationships with those who support this ministry. Seek God’s help by His Spirit and grace, and for His glory to be faithful to this covenant.
Hands of Hope Tucson’s Financial Commitment to Its Donors
Hands of Hope Tucson abides by every standard of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (see below). In addition, we abide by the following standards:
- Our leadership and development staff shall be made up of individuals who have signed the Hands of Hope Tucson Statement of Faith and Statement of Principle and actively embrace Hands of Hope Tucson’s Mission and Vision.
- We shall comply with federal, state, and municipal regulations.
- We shall employ development staff or representatives on a predetermined fee or salary basis.
- Commission or percentage reimbursement is considered unethical and unprofessional.
- We believe that the way an organization handles its finances is a reflection of its integrity in every arena.
- We shall never sell or rent our mailing list to those wishing to use the names and addresses of our donors.
- Our employees manage personal data entrusted to them solely for the benefit of the organization.
- We shall provide and encourage opportunities for people to exercise their spiritual gift of giving.
- We shall cite Scripture in our literature when appropriate in order to convey the basis of our mission and ministry to our supporters.